Doral, Fla. – Lynn University's men's golf team leads by 23 strokes after an eight-under par second round at the Miami Intercollegiate through 36 holes of competition.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standings: 1st of 8 Teams (First of Two Rounds)
Location: Trump National Doral – Red Tiger | Doral, Fla.
Par / Yardage: 70 / 6301
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue and White had three finishers inside the top-10 with Justin Wynen (+2) joining his teammates Gana and Bustos.
- Toto Gana and Carlos Bustos hold a one-stroke lead over three other golfers headed into tomorrow's final round.
- Lynn shot even par as Giovanni Manzoni posted a 74 (+4) to round out the top-four.
- Bustos and Gana, whom tied for the low-score (-3) in round one, both shot 69 in the second round and are tied for second place, two strokes behind Southern Wesleyan's Eric Shea.
- Villar and Manzoni both bounced back from over-par first rounds with scores of 69 and 65, respectively.
- Lynn followed its even par first round (280) with a blistering eight-under 272 in round two, taking a 23-stroke lead into the final round.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- 67 is Gana's low-round this fall and Bustos' second-lowest after a blistering 63 last weekend at the Copperhead Championship.
- Head coach Andy Walker's bunch is in search of its first Fall victory of 2019 and its first since the 2019 National Championship.
- Nova Southeastern is the host school, Lynn's second tournament this Fall season that NSU has hosted.
- The Red Tiger course hosted the LPGA in 2001 for the Office Depot Championship.
The final round tees off from Doral at 8:25 a.m. tomorrow, Tuesday Oct. 22. Lynn will be playing alongside Southern Wesleyan and Washburn.