BOCA RATON, Fla. – The 20th-ranked Lynn University lacrosse team limited Young Harris College to just one goal in the second half on Saturday afternoon as the Fighting Knights tamed the Mountain Lions in nonconference action, 13-5.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 13, Young Harris 5
Records: #20 Lynn (7-3), Young Harris (6-4)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 2-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- The visitors were the first to light up the scoreboard less than a minute into the game when Jayden Campbell and Matt Spadafora connected to open up the scoring.
- Lynn countered with four unanswered to garner a lead it would continue to expand on for the rest of the afternoon.
- Anthony Rainone, Mikey Urso and Brian Kiel all put away unassisted goals before Austin Jerhoff closed out the opening quarter with a man-up score.
- Young Harris had its best stanza of the game in the second, but the Fighting Knights were able to match the Mountain Lions' three goals to take a 7-4 lead into halftime.
- Rainone, Urso and Jerhoff, Lynn's starting attack trio, each posted their second goals of the game while Angelo Beacon-Paglia and Ryan Madigan got into the scorebook with helpers.
- Kiel buried his second of the game coming out of the break to initiate a three-goal run for the Blue & White.
- Rainone dished a helper to Urso for Lynn's ninth goal, and then Rainone notched a score himself less than a minute later.
- Jerhoff was able to give the Blue & White a six-goal advantage with a score in the final seconds of the third quarter.
- Lynn was able to slow down the tempo in the final chapter while tallying the final two goals of the game.
- Jacob Van Leenen notched his at the 10-minute mark and Jerhoff closed out the scoring after Johnny Gavin scooped up a rebound in front of the net.
STATS OF THE GAME:
- The starting attack crew led the way for the second consecutive game, tallying all but three of Lynn's goals. Jerhoff led the way with four, followed by Urso and Rainone with hat tricks.
- Rainone posted his second consecutive multi-assist game, while also picking up a career-high six groundballs.
- Christopher Lasprogata led the way at the X, going 10-of-14, and scooped up five groundballs.
- Pat Brothers turned away 12 shots to record his sixth win of the season in goal.
- The Fighting Knights held a massive 44-20 edge in groundballs.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Rainone has six career goals in two games against the Mountain Lions.
- The Fighting Knights have scored in double digits in five of the last six games.
- The Lynn defense tied its season-low with five goals allowed.
- Jerhoff scored the last goal of the quarter in three of the four periods.
The Fighting Knights now enter the conference stretch of the season, closing out with four SSC opponents. Up first is a trip to Rollins College next Saturday, April 2 with a 4:00 p.m. start.