Roswell, Ga. – Lynn University's 12th-ranked lacrosse team utilized a 6-0 scoring advantage in the third quarter to break away from Young Harris College on Saturday in a chippy, neutral site battle that saw 20 combined penalties. Following a 4-3 halftime tally, the Fighting Knights' offense found its rhythm in the second half for a 12-8 decision. Redshirt-junior Austin Jerhoff tallied the 70th goal of his Lynn career, becoming the program's all-time leading scorer.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: #12 Lynn 12, Young Harris 8
Records: Lynn (3-0), Young Harris (3-4)
Location: Titans Field | Roswell, Ga.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 3-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- Johnny Gavin notched the first and last goals of the game, finishing with a hat trick. All three of his shots-on-goal found the back of the net and he also picked up two groundballs. It's his first multi-goal game of the year.
- Brian Kiel buried a pair of goals for the second straight game while sophomore Travis Quillin registered the first multi-goal game of his career.
- Conrad Rhein, Stephen Polsinelli, Mikey Urso, Tyler Hopkins and Jerhoff accounted for the remainder of Lynn's scores.
- Urso and Jerhoff combined for five of the team's seven dimes. Jerhoff now has nine assists through three games while Urso now has a pair of three-assist outings.
- John Flanary led the defense with two caused turnovers while freshman Collin McClelland continues to impress in the cage, picking up his third win of the year and making a career-high 16 saves.
- Dryden Brous and Christopher Lasprogata combined for a 15-9 faceoff advantage over YHC.
- Jerhoff moves ahead of Anthony Rainone '16 as the program's all-time leading goal scorer with 70 and counting. Trifecta complete -- Jerhoff also holds the most career points and assists in school history.
- Senior defender Shaun McDonald tallied the second assist of his four-year career.
- The 20 penalties combined for 20 total minutes of issued penalty box time.
- Lynn is currently ranked No. 12 in the USILA/Nike national rankings, marking a program-high.
- The Mountain Lions have played in seven games already on the young season compared to three for Lynn.
- Lynn has beaten Young Harris in each of the last three years.
Lynn continues its road trip, next heading northeast over to Wingate University in North Carolina. The Fighting Knights square off against the Bulldogs on March 7 at 11 a.m.