BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's lacrosse team picked up its third consecutive win on Wednesday evening as the Fighting Knights closed out a three-game home spurt with a dominant 16-2 triumph over Emmanuel College (Ga.). Ten different Fighting Knights found the back of the net, led by Keegan Maxwell with four goals and Chase Stokes with three.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 16, Emmanuel (Ga.) 2
Records: Lynn (4-1), Emmanuel (Ga.) (0-7)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 3-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- The offense got rolling early, scoring within the first minute of play before going up 6-0 through one quarter of play.
- Maxwell led the offensive onslaught, burying a career-high four goals. The freshman hit the frame on five of his six shot attempts while also picking up a career-best five ground balls.
- Stokes also logged career-highs across the board, boasting a team-high five points behind three goals and two assists. Four of his seven shot attempts found the cage.
- Mikey Urso found teammates for goals three times and added a score of his own for a four-point game. He has three or more points in three of the team's five games so far this season.
- Xander Cosenza rounded out Lynn's multi-goal scorers and added a helper for the third 3+ point game of his young career.
- Nick McCabe, Stephen Polsinelli, Nick Howard, Tyler Hopkins, Ryan Milano, and Jacob Couvertier all supplied goals. It was the first career goal for Couvertier and the first of the season for Hopkins and Milano.
- Howard and Conrad Rhein logged multi-assist outings.
- Cody Bartusiak led an all-around solid defensive performance as a unit as he posted a season-high three caused turnovers. Harrison Kaplan added two forced turnovers.
- Peter Masters earned the start on the wing and picked up a career-high six ground balls. Greg Morissette also notched a new career-high in ground balls with five. Drew Custance and Jensen Colberg each tacked on four ground balls.
- Collin McClelland, Connor Owens and Mitchell Goode all split time in the cage, with Goode making a season-high five saves.
- Dryden Brous and Christopher Lasprogata split duties at the X, leading the Blue and White to a 16-5 advantage on faceoffs.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn recorded a program-record 60 ground balls.
- Lynn's two goals allowed ties the program record for lowest goals allowed in a game, matching the season-opening win last year against Lees-McRae (22-2).
- In three matchups over the past four years against the Lions, Lynn has outscored Emmanuel, 52- 13.
- Urso now has 99 career points as a Fighting Knight, passing Anthony Rainone for second-most all-time in program history. Austin Jerhoff holds the record with 141 points.
- Maxwell has seven goals over the past two games.
- The Fighting Knights have scored 14 or more goals in each of their four wins so far this season.
- Maxwell is the third Fighting Knight to ever tally four or more goals in a game as a true freshman, joining Cosenza from the 2018 season opener and Brian Kiel ('17) from the inaugural campaign in 2014.
- Bartusiak has multiple caused turnovers in three straight games.
Lynn heads back on the road this weekend for a 1 p.m. contest at North Greenville on Saturday, March 10.