Melbourne, Fla. – Lynn University's lacrosse team found itself with an early deficit Wednesday evening and could never catch up as the Fighting Knights fell on the road in Sunshine State Conference play at 16th-ranked Florida Tech, 16-8. Freshman Keegan Maxwell had a big day offensively with four goals.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Tech 16, Lynn 8
Records: #16 Florida Tech (6-4, 3-0 SSC), Lynn (7-4, 0-3 SSC)
Location: Panther Field | Melbourne, Fla.
All-Time Series: Florida Tech leads 5-1
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Maxwell was the only Fighting Knight to find a groove offensively, posting a career-high-tying four goals on six shots.
- Freshmen offensive midfielders Nick McCabe and Xander Cosenza each logged two points apiece with a goal and an assist.
- Defensive middie Drew Custance rounded out Lynn's goal scorers, notching his second score of the season.
- Starting attackers Mikey Urso and Tyler Hopkins each added helpers on the day.
- Christopher Lasprogata saw his first extended action of the season at the X, taking 24 of 28 faceoffs in the game, winning eight with four ground balls.
- Collin McClelland made a season-high 15 saves in net while picking up a career-high 11 ground balls.
- Peter Masters, Mark Pryor and Cody Bartusiak all recorded two caused turnovers apiece on defense.
- Greg Morissette led the ground game with five GBs, followed by Pryor and Conrad Rhein each with four.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Nick Howard and Stephen Polsinelli were both held off the scoresheet for the first time this season.
- McClelland's 11 ground balls nearly doubles his previous career-high of six.
- Neither team could convert on a man-up opportunity. Lynn didn't commit a penalty all game.
- The Fighting Knights also started off last season 0-3 in conference play, but rallied late to make playoffs.
- Lynn's 16 turnovers are the most the team has committed in the past eight games.
- As a unit, the defense logged 12 caused turnovers, tying the season high.
- The 16 goals against are tied for the most Lynn has given up in a game this season.
- Lynn falls to 1-2 against nationally-ranked opponents this season.
The Fighting Knights will remain on the road this weekend, traveling to Daytona Beach for a 7 p.m. league contest at Embry-Riddle on Saturday, April 7.