Daytona Beach, Fla. – After nearly two hours of weather delays, Lynn University's lacrosse team finally hit the field at Embry-Riddle on Saturday night for Sunshine State Conference action. The Fighting Knights halted a three-game skid and notched their first league win of the season in dominant fashion, routing the Eagles 17-5.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 17, ERAU 5
Records: Lynn (8-4, 1-3 SSC), ERAU (1-9, 0-4 SSC)
Location: ERAU Lacrosse Field | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: First-ever meeting
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- For the second straight game, freshman Keegan Maxwell was the focal point of the offense, leading the squad with another four goals. He let off a team- and career-high-tying nine shots, with six finding the frame.
- Nick Howard fell back into his groove, burying two goals on four shots and rounding out a three-point game with an assist.
- Xander Cosenza, Tyler Hopkins and Conrad Rhein each found the back of the net twice, with Rhein adding two helpers for a four-point effort while Hopkins also tacked on an assist.
- Nick McCabe and Mikey Urso also both logged three-point performances behind two assists and a goal apiece.
- Greg Morissette, Ryan Milano and Chase Stokes rounded out the goal scorers for the Blue and White.
- Freshman Jared Chaloux notched his first career multi-point game with two assists, while Stokes and Mark Pryor also aided the offense with helpers.
- Christopher Lasprogata stepped up to the plate in the faceoff circle, taking all 24 draws in the game and winning a season-high 17 duels. He also posted a career-high with 12 ground balls.
- Collin McClelland, Mitchell Goode and Connor Owens all split time in the cage. McClelland and Goode each posted two saves while Owens made four - one shy of his season-high.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn's 17 goals are the most the team has scored in a game this season and are tied for the fourth-most in program history.
- Maxwell has eight goals in the past two games. He has now notched at least a hat trick five times so far this season and scored four goals three times. On the season, Maxwell now leads the team in goals with 23.
- The Fighting Knights outscored the Eagles 6-0 in the second half.
- Lynn picked up its first SSC victory of the season after dropping the first three league games of the year.
- The offense scored 17 goals on 42 shots for a season-best 40.5 shot percentage.
- ERAU, in its first year as a full-fledged member of the SSC, is in its first season of men's lacrosse.
- Lasprogata's 17 faceoff wins are one shy of his career high and are tied for the eighth-most in program history.
- After recording at least one point in each of the first 10 games this season, Stephen Polsinelli was held from the scoresheet for the second consecutive outing.
- Lynn's 10 turnovers tie the season-low.
- The Fighting Knights were perfect on the clear (14-of-14) for the first time this season.
Lynn returns home this week, hosting Palm Beach Atlantic at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, April 11.