BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's lacrosse team found the back of the net early and often on Wednesday night as the Fighting Knights routed Palm Beach Atlantic for a 21-4 Sunshine State Conference triumph. The Blue and White held the game in honor of the One Love Foundation's Yards for Yeardley movement, an initiative spreading awareness on relationship abuse.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 21, Palm Beach Atlantic 4
Records: Lynn (9-4, 2-3 SSC), Palm Beach Atlantic (4-10, 1-4 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 2-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Multiple Fighting Knights were involved heavily on the attack as 10 different players tickled the twine and 10 players logged at least two points.
- Junior attack Tyler Hopkins had himself a career-night, tallying three goals and three assists to go along with four ground balls and a couple of highlight plays.
- Freshman Xander Cosenza matched his season-best with five points behind four goals and an assist.
- Fellow freshmen Chase Stokes and Keegan Maxwell also logged hat tricks. Maxwell added an assist for a four-point game while eight of his nine shots hit the frame.
- Offensive middies Stephen Polsinelli and Conrad Rhein put away two goals apiece and found a spot in the assist column.
- Jacob Couvertier and Nick Howard each tallied a goal and an assist, while Mikey Urso posted three helpers.
- The two-man wrecking crew at the X of Dryden Brous and Christopher Lasprogata dominated in all facets of the game. The duo combined to win 25-of-28 faceoffs, with Brous going 18-for-19 and Lasprogata winning 7-of-9. Brous added a game-high 15 ground balls and a goal while Lasprogata notched two points behind a goal and an assist.
- Collin McClelland, Mitchell Goode and Connor Owens all split time in the cage, combining for five stops.
- Greg Morissette earned the start on the wing and was flying around all over the field, picking up a career-best six ground balls.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn's 21 goals scored is one shy of the program record of 22 set in last year's season opener.
- The faceoff crew's 25 faceoff wins ties the program record for most team wins in a game, locking up with the Lees-McRae game in 2017 and the Ohio Valley tilt in 2015.
- Brous' 15 ground balls ties for second all-time in school history, falling two shy of his career-best and program record set earlier this season.
- Hopkins tallied more points tonight than in either of his first two seasons.
- With another one tonight, Cosenza is up to eight man-up goals on the year, putting him in a tie for first place in the nation.
- Lynn's 14 total assists are a season-high.
- Lasprogata recorded the first-multi point game offensively of his career.
- Prior to this year, Lynn and PBA have met at the onset of the past three campaigns while the Sailfish were still a club program. The past two years were exhibitions, but the 2015 matchup was a countable game for the Fighting Knights, giving Lynn a 2-0 all-time record against PBA.
The Fighting Knights hit the road for their final away contest of the regular season this Saturday, April 14, at No. 6 Saint Leo. The game is slated to start at 1 p.m. and will be streamed live on ESPN3.