BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's men's lacrosse team had seventh-ranked University of Tampa on the ropes midway in the second half but a late surge by the Spartans put the Fighting Knights down big and led to an eventual 13-6 loss in the season finale. The Fighting Knights also honored their eight seniors in a pregame ceremony.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 7 Tampa 13, Lynn 6
Records: Tampa (13-4, 5-2 SSC), Lynn (9-6, 2-5 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Tampa leads 6-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Keegan Maxwell has the only multi-goal game of the night for Lynn with his second coming from a no-look, behind the back shot from Stephen Polsinelli.
- Collin McClelland stopped 10 shots between the pipes.
- Lynn closed the gap to 5-4 midway through the third period but a 6-0 run by the Spartans pulled the game away from the Fighting Knights.
- Xander Cosenza, Conrad Rhein, Mikey Urso and Polsinelli added goals for the Blue and White.
- Polsinelli and Urso each logged a goal and an assist.
- Harrison Kaplan had a monster game on defense, logging career-high in caused turnovers (4) and ground balls (6).
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This was Maxwell's seventh multi-goal game of the season.
- McClelland's 10 saves marks the third game this year in double figures.
- Lynn honored its eight seniors in a pregame ceremony. The seniors accounted for one goal, two assists and six ground balls.
- Tampa outshot Lynn 41-26.
- Lynn was 9-for-23 in faceoffs.
- The Fighting Knights caused 12 turnovers, a season-high.
- Lynn's nine wins tied a program-record set in 2016.
- The Fighting Knights have never had more than two wins in league play.
Lynn ends the season 9-6 overall and 2-5 in the SSC. The Fighting Knights return 28 letterwinners, including three of their top-four goal scorers. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.