BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's men's lacrosse team kept its hot play going on Wednesday night, picking up a pivotal Sunshine State Conference victory over Florida Tech. The Fighting Knights put up 10 goals in the first half and never looked back, securing a 17-9 triumph.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 17, Florida Tech 9
Records: Lynn (7-3, 2-1 SSC), Florida Tech (5-3, 1-2 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Florida Tech leads 5-2
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Redshirt-sophomore Nick McCabe had his best game to date for the Blue and White, recording career-highs in goals (3) and assists (4).
- Xander Cosenza lit up the back of the net, scoring a game-high four goals. He made it a six-point game with two assists.
- Mikey Urso and Keegan Maxwell both notched hat tricks, with Urso tacking on a helper.
- Conrad Rhein put away two goals while Greg Morissette buried one with a long pole.
- Chase Stokes tacked on an assist.
- Dryden Brous had another dominant performance, going 20-of-28 on faceoffs with a game-high 11 ground balls.
- Goalkeeper Collin McClelland notched eight saves as he improves to 7-3 on the season.
- Ian Magnan set a career-high in the ground ball department with five, while Morissette added five of his own.
- Evan P. Kalish had another active game, logging three ground balls and two caused turnovers.
- Harrison Kaplan and Daniel Luette each added two CTs.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- For the second game in a row, Lynn fell behind 2-0 right out of the gates, before taking the lead and not giving it back.
- Lynn's only other win in the all-time series against FIT was a 10-6 victory in the 2016 regular-season finale.
- Lynn went 5-of-8 on extra-man opportunities. The five man-up goals are one shy of the program's single-game record (vs. Westminster; 3/13/18).
- McCabe becomes the sixth player in program history to have tally seven points in a game at least once.
- McCabe has multiple assists in each of the past six games. He has as many assists in the past two games (6) as he did all of last season.
- Cosenza has a combined 12 goals in the past four games.
- Brous registered 20+ faceoff wins for the fourth time this season and has collected double-digit ground balls in seven-straight outings.
- Morissette has picked up multiple ground balls in all but one game this season.
- Lynn outscored FIT in the second quarter, 6-2, to take a 10-5 lead into halftime.
Lynn caps its six-game home stretch this Saturday, April 6, when the Fighting Knights host Embry-Riddle at 1 p.m.