BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's men's lacrosse team outscored visiting Embry-Riddle 7-0 in the second half on Saturday as the Fighting Knights pulled away for a 13-5 Sunshine State Conference win. The Blue and White have now rattled off five consecutive victories.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 13, Embry-Riddle 5
Records: Lynn (8-3, 3-1 SSC), Embry-Riddle (8-6, 0-4 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 2-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Mikey Urso bolstered the offensive unit, tallying five points behind three goals and two assists.
- Conor Vaughan also registered a hat trick, ripping a career-high 10 shots and eight shots-on-goal.
- Caleb Wells, the third starting attackman, tacked on two goals.
- Offensive middies Xander Cosenza and Nick McCabe logged a goal and an assist apiece, while Chase Stokes and Jared Chaloux both found the back of the net once.
- Dryden Brous rounded out Lynn's goal scorers, while winning 16-of-20 faceoffs with a game-high 12 ground balls.
- Conrad Rhein (2) and Daniel Luette (1) each got in the scorebook with assists.
- Collin McClelland earned the win in the cage, making five stops in 56 minutes of action.
- Evan P. Kalish led the defensive front with six ground balls and two caused turnovers.
- ERAU's Coleman Jacobs scored four of his team's five goals on the day. The Eagles' goalie, Lucas Fraser, logged 19 saves.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Embry-Riddle's men's lacrosse team is in its second year of existence, as it was a requirement for the school to sponsor the sport upon joining the SSC last year.
- Last year, the Fighting Knights downed the Eagles in Daytona Beach, 17-5. Lynn outscored ERAU 6-0 in the second half, similar to today's game.
- Brous improves his streak of 15+ faceoff wins and double-digit ground balls to seven consecutive games.
- Lynn was perfect on the clear (22-22) for the fourth time this season.
- The Fighting Knights hit the frame on 32 of their 46 shot attempts, good for a season-high 69.6 SOG%.
- Lynn has had six home games in the past 18 days.
The Fighting Knights head to Palm Beach Atlantic next week for their first away game in nearly a month, taking on the 'Fish at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, April 10.