West Palm Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's men's lacrosse team went on the road for the first time in nearly a month on Wednesday night, controlling Palm Beach Atlantic from start to finish in a 15-7 Sunshine State Conference victory. The Fighting Knights improve to 4-1 in league play on the year, clinching the program's first-ever winning record in regular-season SSC competition.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 17, PBA 5
Records: Lynn (9-3, 4-1 SSC), PBA (6-8, 1-4 SSC)
Location: Rinker Athletic Campus | West Palm Beach, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 3-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Xander Cosenza and Jared Chaloux led the way offensively with a pair of hat tricks. Cosenza made it a game-high four-point day with an assist. All three of Chaloux's shot attempts found the back of the net.
- Chase Stokes, Nick McCabe and Caleb Wells all logged a pair of scores.
- Crease-attackmen Conor Vaughan and Keegan Maxwell both buried a goal.
- Defensive middie Daniel Luette rounded out Lynn's goal scorers as the sophomore tallied the first goal of his collegiate career.
- Ben Jackson, Dryden Brous and Mikey Urso each distributed an assist. It was the first career point for Jackson.
- Brous dominated at the X once again, winning 18-of-24 faceoffs with nine ground balls. Counterpart Dwayne Owens went 1-of-2 in the circle.
- Collin McClelland played the first three quarters in between the pipes, registering 12 saves. He improves to 9-3 on the season.
- Starting defenders Greg Morissette (6) and Evan P. Kalish (5) spearheaded the ground ball game with Luette adding four.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- With two games remaining in the regular season, Lynn has clinched a winning SSC record for the first time in program history.
- The Fighting Knights have now won six consecutive games, matching last season's streak for the longest in program history.
- Lynn's defense surrendered just two goals in the second half and they were both garbage-time scores in man-down situations.
- Brous improves his streak of 15+ faceoff wins to eight consecutive games, but has his seven-game streak of double-digit ground balls come to a halt.
- PBA is on a five-game losing skid.
Lynn heads to first-place Tampa this Saturday, April 13, for a huge league contest. First faceoff is slated for 8 p.m.