Nova Southeastern, Fla. – Despite allowing a goal just minutes into the match, Lynn University's men's soccer team pulled out a 3-1 victory over Nova Southeastern to continue its mastery over the Sharks in Boca Raton.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 3, Nova Southeastern 1
Records: Lynn (3-1-2, 1-1-1 SSC), Nova Southeastern (5-3-0, 1-2-0 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series: Lynn leads 30-5-4 (Last meeting 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Nova Southeastern scored 1:13 into the match off a Jacob Sumaljag goal
- Chris Hellmann scored his 11th goal of the year to tie it in the 31st minute
- Luca Puster tallied the game winner five minutes later off a header from Helllmann's free kick.
- Sebastian Schulz added his third goal of the season to put the game away in the 63rd minute.
- Jonny DeMoya turned away a break-away attempt to secure the victory.
STAT OF THE GAME:
- Lynn outshot Nova Southeastern 17-9.
- The Fighting Knights tallied 10 corner kicks, all in the second half.
- Chris Hellmann scored his conference leading 11th goal of the year.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn is 16-0-3 all-time against NSU at home
- Chris Hellmann missed a PK, only the second of his career.
- Hellmann moved into a tie for the national lead in goals.
- Luca Puster's goal was the first of his career
The Fighting Knights travel to Melbourne, Fla., for a pivotal SSC matchup against Florida Tech on Saturday, Oct. 3. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. and can be watched live.