Melbourne, Fla. – Lynn University's men's soccer team came away with a 1-0 victory over Florida Tech in Sunshine State Conference play on Wednesday night. Victor Moreiera tallied the game winner for the Fighting Knights, who posted their third shutout of the season.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 1, Florida Tech 0
Records: Lynn (4-1-2, 2-1-1 SSC), Florida Tech (3-3-1, 1-2-1 SSC)
Location: Rick Stottler Field | Melbourne, Fla.
Series: Lynn leads the series 26-4 (Last meeting 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Victor Moriera scores his third goal of the season in the 23rd minute off an assist from Chris Hellmann.
- Jonny DeMoya turned away three shots, but none more important that a low attempt through traffic in the 89th minute of play.
STAT OF THE GAME:
- Lynn was outshot 12-8 in the match.
- The two teams combined for 31 fouls and eight cards.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- DeMoya earned his third shutout of the season.
- Chris Hellmann notched a point in his seventh consecutive game this year and 24th straight match dating back to last season.
- Victor Moreira is now tied for second on the team with three goals and eight points.
The Fighting Knights are back on the pitch when they host rival University of Tampa on Wednesday, Oct. 7 at Bobby Campbell Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. and can be watched live at LynnFightingKnights.com.