BOCA RATON, Fla. – After being held scoreless in its last match, Lynn University's men's soccer team needed less than a minute to get on the scoreboard en route to a 3-1 victory over Keiser University on Thursday night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 3, Keiser 1
Records: Lynn (5-2-2), Kesier (5-8-1)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series: Lynn leads 9-0 (Last meeting 2004)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Bruno Militz needed only 43 seconds to put the Fighting Knights ahead 1-0.
- Militz scored his second goal of the match, and fourth of the season, in the 18th minute off an assist from Chris Hellmann.
- Dominik Friedl put Lynn on the board for the final time with a goal in the 52nd minute.
- Keiser took away the Blue & White shutout bid in the 74th minute with a score by Shoval Failer.
STAT OF THE GAME:
- Lynn was outshot 9-8 overall but had seven of its attempts reach its target, including three goals.
- The Fighting Knights held a 6-2 lead in corner kicks.
- Jonny DeMoya turned away three shots.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Chris Hellmann recorded his third multi-assist game of the season and sixth of his career.
- Bruno Militz tallied his first career multi-goal game.
- Dominik Friedl scored his first goal since a season-opening hat trick.
The Fighting Knights are back on the pitch on Saturday, Oct. 17, when they travel to St. Petersburg, Fla., to battle Eckerd in Sunshine State Conference action. Kickoff is slated for 7 pm and can be watched live at LynnFightingKnights.com.