BOCA RATON, Fla. – A natural hat trick from senior winger Alun Webb was more than enough for a dominant victory Sunday night as the 10th-ranked Lynn University men's soccer team ran past the University of Alabama-Huntsville Chargers in the team's 2017 home opener, 4-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 4, UAH 0
Records: #10 Lynn (2-0-0), UAH (0-2-0)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 7-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- In the 16th minute, Webb was tripped inside the box and converted the penalty kick for the first score of the game.
- Right before the halftime whistle, Stefan Strohmaier slotted a through ball, finding Webb inside the box with just the keeper to beat.
- Webb found himself at the penalty spot yet again in the 70th minute, blasting it into the back of the net to complete the hat trick.
- Christoph Maug capped the scoring for the Blue and White in the 86th minute as Jack Watson connected with Maug streaking up the left side.
- Watson led the squad with five shots. All three of Webb's shots found the back of the net.
- Alexander Roth earned his second clean sheet of the year, making two stops in the contest.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Through two games this season, Lynn has scored nine goals and allowed none.
- Seven cards were issued in the game, with the teams combining for 32 fouls.
- Dating back to 1996, Lynn has never lost to UAH.
- Lynn is ranked No. 10 in the nation by the United Soccer Coaches top-25 preseason poll.
- It is the first career hat trick for Webb.
- Maug recorded his first goal of the season.
Lynn will hit the road at the end of the week, taking on Christian Brothers this Friday, Sept. 8 at 7 p.m.