Memphis, Tenn. – A scoreless game was snapped 15 minutes into the second half and the offense didn't stop there as Lynn University's fifth-ranked men's soccer team topped Christian Brothers 3-0 on Friday night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: #5 Lynn 3, Christian Brothers 0
Records: Lynn (3-0-0), Christian Brothers (0-3-0)
Location: Signaigo Field | Memphis, Tenn.
All-Time Series: 13-1 (Last met in 2011)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Stefan Strohmaier had a breakout game for the Fighting Knights, scoring the game-winning goal in the 60th minute of play.
- The sophomore forward added an assist nearly eight minutes later after Jack Watson scored his second goal of the year off a shot from the top of the box.
- Ilias Papadopolos netted the final goal of the game in the 81st minute.
- Lynn out shot CBU 12-8 and held a 3-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- Alexander Roth tallied a season-high six saves
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This is the third shutout of the year for the Fighting Knights, marking the first time under head coach John Rootes Lynn has recorded three clean sheets to open the season.
- This is the first time since 1999 Lynn has notched three shutouts to open the year.
- Alun Webb recorded a point for the third consecutive match.
- The Fighting Knights have outscored their opponents 12-0 in three regular season matches.
- The six shots on goal tripled the amount of shots in the two previous matches.
Lynn is on the pitch again Sunday, Sept. 10, at 6 pm ET, when they take on West Alabama in Memphis, Tenn. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.