Daytona Beach, Fla. - Lynn University's fourth-ranked men's soccer team set a new record with its fifth consecutive shutout to start the season in a 1-0 victory over Embry-Riddle on Saturday night. Stefan Strohmaier netted the lone goal for the Fighting Knights.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 1, Embry-Riddle 0
Records: Lynn (5-0-0, 1-0-0 SSC); ERAU (1-3-0, 0-2-0 SSC)
Location: ERAU Soccer Stadium | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 10-0-0 all-time (last met in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Strohmaier scored the only goal of the match in the 79th minute, breaking a scoreless tie off an assist by Ilias Papadopoulos
- Lynn's defense remained strong, surrendering only six shots, including only three on goal.
- The Blue and White lead 23-6 in total shots and 11-1 in corner kicks.
- Roth earned the shutout with his three saves.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn established a new program record for shutouts to start the season with five, breaking the previous mark set in 1999.
- The Fighting Knights moved to 17-1-2 all-time in conference openers.
- Roth earned his 13th career shutout.
- Strohmaier has two goals on the year, both of which are game-winners.
- This marks the 12th time in program history the squad has recorded a streak of at least five consecutive shutouts: Five straight (2012, 2009, 2006, 1999, 1997 and 1995), six straight (2007), seven straight (2011), eight consecutive (1998) and nine straight (2001 & 1993).
Lynn is back on the pitch Wednesday, Sept. 27, when it hosts nationally-ranked Rollins at Bobby Campbell Stadium. Fans can watch the action live on the Lynn Sports Network.