St. Petersburg, Fla. - Lynn University's fifth-ranked men's soccer team saw its six-game shutout streak come to an end while overcoming two deficits to defeat Eckerd College 3-2 on Saturday night. Alun Webb assisted on three goals and Stefan Strohmaier tallied his first career multi-goal game to improve the Fighting Knights record to 7-0-0 overall and 3-0-0 in the Sunshine State Conference.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Lynn 3, Eckerd 2
Records: Lynn (7-0-0, 3-0-0 SSC); Eckerd (3-4-0, 1-3-0 SSC)
Location: Johnson Field | St. Petersburg, Fla.
All-time series: Lynn leads 28-2-0 all-time (last met in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn's shutout streak ended at 548.28 after Eckerd's Matheus Assumpcao scored 8:28 into the match.
- Strohmaier scored his first equalizer in the 53rd minute off a Webb cross into the 6-yard box.
- The Tritons regained the lead in the 66th minute but Strohmaier scored again in the 82nd minute with a goal to the inside of the left post off Webb cross.
- Max Herbert found the back of the net in the 87th minute, nailing a shot to the upper right corner for the decisive goal.
- Lynn outshot Eckerd 18-6 and held an 8-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- Alex Gott recorded six saves but Alexander Roth did not notch a single stop.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Webb's three assists are a career-high.
- Strohmaier is now tied with Webb for the team-lead with four goals.
- Lynn's three goals are the most since Sept. 10.
- This is the 15th time in program history Lynn has started the year 7-0: 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2003, 2001, 2000, 1998, 1997, 1993, 1988, 1986.
Lynn has a showdown with nationally-ranked Palm Beach Atlantic at Bobby Campbell Stadium on Wednesday, Oct. 4, at 6 p.m. Fans can watch the action on the Lynn Sports Network.