BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's men's soccer team fell on the wrong side of another epic top-10 showdown, as it lost 1-0 to No. 8 Palm Beach Atlantic on Wednesday night. This is the first loss of the season for the Fighting Knights.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Palm Beach Atlantic 1, Lynn 0
Records: Palm Beach Atlantic (7-0-2, 3-0-1 SSC); Lynn (7-1-0, 3-1-0 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 17-1-3 all-time (last met in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- The lone goal of the match came in the 29th minute of play when Cleef Desir scored off a cross from Phill Cardosoa from a cross off the left wing.
- Lynn outshot Palm Beach Atlantic 6-5 while the two teams were even with three corner kicks apiece.
- Sailfish keeper made five stops with Roth failing to secure a save.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This is the first victory for PBA over Lynn in the series' history.
- For the second consecutive match, Roth failed to secure at least one save.
- Lynn has gone 0-1-2 against the Sailfish in the last three meetings.
The Fighting Knights host Saint Leo at Bobby Campbell Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 7, at 6 p.m. Fans can watch the match live on the Lynn Sports Network.