Melbourne, Fla. - Lynn University's eighth-ranked men's soccer team dropped its second game of the season in a 2-1 loss at Florida Tech on Wednesday night. Simon Kraemer notched his first goal of the year.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Florida Tech 2, Lynn 1
Records: Florida Tech (9-2-0, 6-1-0 SSC); Lynn (9-2-1, 5-2-1 SSC)
Location: Rick Stottler Field | Melbourne, Fla.
All-time history: Lynn leads 27-5 all-time (last met in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- For the second consecutive game Lynn surrendered an early first half goal. Florida Tech struck first in the 12th minute off a goal by Jan Hlavica.
- The Panthers took a 2-0 lead just three minutes into the second half off a defensive miscue.
- Simon Kraemer cut the deficit in half off an assist from Elliott Legg but it was too late in the contest.
- Florida Tech outshot Lynn 10-9 and held an overwhelming 9-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- Alexander Roth tallied three saves while Christopher Page managed two stops.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Kraemer made his first start of the season and second appearance. He has one goal and one assist in two games so far this year.
- Florida Tech last beat Lynn in 2012 (won 2-1) and last won at home against the Fighting Knights in 1994 (won 4-3).
The Fighting Knights are back on the pitch Wednesday, Oct. 25, when they host Nova Southeastern on senior night. Fans can watch the action live on the Lynn Sports Network.