BOCA RATON, Fla. – A goal from Nils Borner minutes into the second half proved the difference as Lynn University's men's soccer team topped Embry-Riddle 1-0 on Saturday night. This is the first Sunshine State Conference victory for the Fighting Knights this season.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 1, Embry-Riddle 0
Records: Lynn (4-2-0, 1-1-0 SSC); ERAU (2-3-0, 1-2-0 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 11-0-0 all-time (last met in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn outshot Embry-Riddle 17-3, including 12-1 in the second half.
- A scoreless tie was snapped in the 50th minute of play. Rodrigo Fernandez set up the play with a free kick inside the area. Borner headed the ball in the air and then collected it in traffic before slipping a shot through a wall of defenders and past the Eagles' keeper for the goal.
- Roberto Bazzichetto logged one save in the shutout while his counterpart Sigurbjornsson stopped four shots.
- Lynn held a 3-1 advantage in corner kicks.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The Blue and White defeated the Eagles 1-0 in 2017.
- Lynn's 11-0 mark against Embry-Riddle is its only undefeated record against an opponent with at least 10 meetings.
- Borner's goal was the first of his career.
- Three of Lynn's four victories have come via a shutout.
Lynn is back on the pitch when it travels to Winter Park, Fla., to battle nationally-ranked Rollins on Wednesday, Sept. 26, at 6 p.m. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com