BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's men's soccer team extended its winning, and shutout, streak to four games after taking down visiting Eckerd 1-0 on Saturday night. Shay Brennan scored the lone goal for the Blue and White.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Lynn 1, Eckerd 0
Records: Lynn (6-2-0, 3-1-0 SSC), Eckerd (3-6-1, 1-4-0 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 29-2 all-time (Won 3-2 in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Brennan found the back of the net in the 58th minute when the center back attempted to head th ball back to the keeper. Brennan leaped in-between the two and nicked in a header over the keeper into the wide-open net.
- Lynn and Eckerd both totaled eight fouls in the match.
- The Fighting Knights had nine corner kicks compared to the Tritons' one.
- Lynn outshot Eckerd 18-4 in the match and totaled nine shots in each half.
- Martin Drobits, Brennan, Lukas Hombach, Rodrigo Fernandez and Will Coutts had multiple shots.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This is the fourth consecutive shutout for the Fighting Knights and extends their shutout streak to 280 minutes.
- Nine corner kicks is the second-most for Lynn this season.
- The Blue and White's 18 shots are the most this season and the most in a game since they had 20 on Nov. 3, 2017 vs. Tampa.
- This was Brennan's team-high fourth goal of the year.
- Eckerd has not beaten Lynn since Oct. 18, 2008 (W 2-1 in OT) while Lynn has gone 11-0-1 against the Tritons since the loss.
- Lynn went 5-2 in the month of September and averaged 15 shots per game.
Lynn is back on the pitch when it travels to Palm Beach Atlantic on Wednesday, Sept. 3, at 7 p.m. Fans can watch the match live at LynnFightingKnights.com.