West Palm Beach, Fla. – The table was set and Lynn University's men's soccer team was not going to pass on the upset special as the squad knocked-off second-ranked Palm Beach Atlantic 1-0 on Wednesday night. The victory proved extra special as Jack Watson logged the game-winner for his first goal in over a year.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Palm Beach Atlantic 1, Lynn 0
Records: Palm Beach Atlantic (7-0-2, 3-0-1 SSC); Lynn (7-1-0, 3-1-0 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 17-1-3 all-time (last met in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE DAY:
- A 0-0 stalemate was broken in the 77th minute of play on Lynn's 11th corner kick of the night. Max Herbert whipped an in-swinging corner kick just outside the six-yard box and Watson buried the header for the game-winner.
- It was a night or corners as the two teams combined for 17 kicks from the flagpost. Lynn held the 11-6 advantage.
- The Fighting Knights also outshot PBA 16-10 with Lynn's Roberto Bazzichetto logging three saves (all from within the six-yard box) and the Sailfish's Elliott Barker turning away five shots.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Watson last scored a goal in a 3-0 victory over West Alabama on Sept. 10, 2017.
- The senior forward has notched 23 goals wearing the Blue and White, with 13 coming as game-winners.
- Lynn has won five straight, all by shutout and four via a 1-0 victory.
- Bazzichetto's three saves matched his season-high set in the team's 2-1 win at Alabama-Huntsville on Sept. 9.
- Herbert is now tied for the team-lead in assists with Daniel Brenan and Will Coutts.
- Last season PBA won the regular season match-up 1-0, the first win over Lynn in its school's history.
Lynn stays on the road for a second straight match, battling Saint Leo on Saturday, Oct. 6, at 7 p.m. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.