BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's 11th-ranked men's soccer team could not overcome a goal minutes into the match and fell 2-0 to rival and 22nd-ranked Barry on Wednesday night. Roberto Bazzichetto stopped four shots as the loss snapped the Fighting Knights six-game winning streak.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: #22 Barry 2, #11 Lynn 0
Records: Barry (9-2-1, 5-1-1 SSC); Lynn (8-3-0, 5-2-0 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 24-11-5 (W 1-0 in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- The Buccaneers needed just 1:35 into the match to take a 1-0 lead after Andreas Volk scored off a corner kick.
- Flavio Colasanti put the game away with a free kick in the 84th minute.
- Bazzichetto kept the team in the match with four saves, two of which came from inside the six-yard box.
- Lynn held advantages in shots (10-8) and corner kicks (5-4).
- Shay Brennan had two opportunities but hit the post in the first half and watched as Maro Sordi made a one-v-one save late in the second half.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn has managed just one victory over the Buccaneers in the last four meetings (1-2-1).
- The Fighting Knights went five games without allowing a goal and surrendered three goals in the last 98 minutes.
- This is the second nationally-ranked opponent Lynn has faced in its last three matches and the third overall this year. The team is 1-2 against ranked teams thus far.
- Bazzichetto's four saves is a season-high.
The Fighting Knights are back in action on Saturday, Oct. 13, at 7 p.m. when the team travels to Tampa, Fla., to battle the University of Tampa. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.