Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. – Two soccer heavyweights will need to settle the score at a later date as Lynn University's men's soccer team drew 1-1 with No. 18 Nova Southeastern on Tuesday night. The Fighting Knights will now be the No. 3 seed in the Sunshine State Conference Championship while the Sharks will be the No. 4 seed.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Lynn 0, #18 Nova Southeastern 0 (2OT)
Records: Lynn (10-3-1, 7-2-1 SSC), Nova Southeastern (11-3-1, 7-2-1 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 31-6-5 all-time (1-0 in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn was outshot 20-5 but held a 6-5 lead in corner kicks.
- Roberto Bazzichetto turned away a career-high eight shots to keep the Fighting Knights in the match.
- Bazzichetto's counterpart made only one save but none bigger than on a one-v-one situation with Jack Watson late in the second overtime to keep the match scoreless.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Palm Beach Atlantic won the SSC regular season crown. Barry is the No. 2 seed in the SSC Championship, Lynn No. 3, NSU No. 4, Florida Tech No. 5 and Florida Southern No. 6
- Bazzichetto's previous career-high was seven saves at LIU-Brooklyn in 2017.
- This is the 27th year the Fighting Knights have recorded at least seven shutouts in a season.
Lynn will host Florida Southern in the opening round of the SSC Championship on Monday, Oct. 29, at 6 p.m. If you can't make the game watch it live at LynnFightingKnights.com.