Miami Shores, Fla. – Lynn University's 23rd-ranked men's soccer team could not overcome an early goal and fell 2-0 to 17th-ranked Barry in the Sunshine State Conference Championship Semifinals. The Fighting Knights now await their fate for an NCAA postseason bid.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: #17 Barry 2, #23 Lynn 0
Records: Barry (13-3-1); Lynn (11-4-1)
Location: Buccaneer Field | Miami Shores, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 24-12-5 (Lost 2-0 on Oct. 10)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- A defensive gaffe in the back gave Barry a one-on-one and an early 1-0 lead 12 minutes into play.
- The Fighting Knights pressed offensively late in the second half and the Bucs capitalized, drawing Roberto Bazzichetto out for a second breakaway goal.
- Lynn was outshot 13-9 in the match but held a 12-6 advantage in corner kicks.
- Bazzichetto turned away four shots with Marco Sordi making two saves.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn made its eighth consecutive appearance in the SSC Championship semifinals.
- The Fighting Knights are currently ranked fourth in the NCAA South Regional Rankings. The top-four teams advance to the NCAA Tournament.
- This is the first time since 2013 Lynn faced Barry twice in a season. That year the Blue and White went 1-1-1.
- Both shutout losses this season have come against the Buccaneers.
- The loss snapped a four game unbeaten streak.
Lynn awaits its fate for the NCAA Tournament. The top-four teams advance to the NCAA Tournament. Palm Beach Atlantic is the No. 1 team, followed by Spring Hill, Barry, Lynn and Nova Southeastern. The Sharks have one game remaining against PBA. For updated information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.