BOCA RATON, Fla. – A goal by Lukas Hombach with 12 seconds left in regulation lifted Lynn University's 20th-ranked men's soccer team to a 1-0 victory over Alabama Huntsville on Friday night. Hombach's heroics are his second in as many games as the Fighting Knights also netted their first shutout.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Lynn 1, Alabama Huntsville 0
Records: Lynn (3-0-0), UAH (0-2)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn is 9-0 all-time against UAH (last met in 2018)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Hombach lined up the free kick in the 90th minute and ripped his shot. The ball nicked off the shoulder of the wall and settled into the left side netting for the game-winner.
- Konstantin Fuhry turned away two shots in a solid performance in goal.
- Lynn outshot UAH 9-3 and attempted an astounding 11 corners to the Chargers two.
- Of the Blue and White's nine shots, six came in the second half.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Hombach assisted on the overtime game-winner against Davenport.
- He has tied his career-high in goals. He scored two in 13 matches last season and has two in three matches in 2019. His five points are also one off tying his personal-best.
- Lynn is eight wins shy of reaching 550 for the program's history.
Lynn begins Sunshine State Conference play with a match on the road against Eckerd College. The Fighting Knights will travel to St. Petersburg, Fla., to battle the Tritons on Saturday, Sep. 21, for a 7 p.m. kick-off. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.