BOCA RATON, Fla. – There were numerous opportunities on both sides of the ball but in the end, the fifth-ranked Lynn University men's soccer team played 110 minutes to a 0-0 draw with Nova Southeastern on Wednesday night. This is the second consecutive year the two teams have played to a scoreless tie.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: #5 Lynn 0, Nova Southeastern 0 (2OT)
Records: Lynn (4-0-1, 1-0-1 SSC), Nova Southeastern (3-1-1, 0-0-1 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 31-6-6 all-time (Tied 0-0 in 2018)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Two penalty kicks were awarded in the match and both were missed. Jan Luca Ahillen hit the left post just three minutes into the second half and Rodrigo Fernandez had his shot saved by Titouan Le Roux in the 80th minute.
- Lukas Ostermann appeared to have an open look on goal in the 26th minute of play but his attempt sailed to the right of the frame.
- NSU's Matty Cornish also had a chance in the 52nd minute but Konstantin Fuhry made a knee save to keep the match scoreless.
- Lynn out shot Nova Southeastern 15-9 with each team attempting six corner kicks apiece.
- Fuhry stopped three shots and Le Roux two. This was Fuhry's second shutout of the year.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- It has been 310 minutes since Lynn has last scored against Nova Southeastern. Alun Webb netted the game-winner in a 3-2 double-overtime victory on Sept. 24, 2016. The Blue and White have gone 0-1-2 in that span against the Sharks.
- The last four matches between these two teams have been decided by a goal or less.
Lynn is back in action on Saturday, Sept. 28, at 6 p.m. when it hosts Rollins College. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.