BOCA RATON, Fla. – Great teams find a way to win and Lynn University's fifth-ranked men's soccer team did just that with a 1-0 victory over Rollins College on Saturday evening. The Fighting Knights earned their second consecutive shutout and extended their shutout streak to 223 consecutive minutes.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Lynn 1, Rollins 0
Records: Lynn (5-0-1, 2-0-1 SSC), Rollins (1-4-1, 0-1-1 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 25-8-2 all-time (Won 5-1 in 2018)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- After holding the Tars without a shot in the opening half, the Fighting Knights defense surrendered a pair in the opening minutes of the second period, forcing keeper Konstantin Fuhry into a pair of big saves.
- Fuhry ended the match with three stops (all in the second half), with Rollins' netminder Maximillian Obermeier turning away five shots.
- The lone goal of the match came in the 44th minute of play as Julian Kirsting slipped a pass down the left wing and Alexandre Horveno slotted a cross to the near post. Lukas Hombach and his defender bared down on pass with the ball bouncing off the Rollins' defender into the net.
- Lynn outshot Rollins 15-6 and held a slight 6-4 advantage in corner kicks.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn last surrendered a goal in the 66th minute against Eckerd, making it 223:06 since allowing its last goal.
- The Blue and White have shutouts in three of their last four matches.
- This is the fourth consecutive victory, and third consecutive shutout, against the Tars.
- This is the first time Lynn has three consecutive shutouts against Rollins since winning 4-0 in 1988, 2-0 in 1990 and 2-0 in 1994.
Lynn is back on the pitch Saturday, Oct. 5, when it travels to Lakeland, Fla., to battle Florida Southern at 7 p.m. Fans can watch the match live at LynnFightingKnights.com.