Lakeland, Fla. – Konstantin Fuhry turned away a career-high five shots and extended his scoreless streak to 314 minutes as Lynn University's 17th-ranked men's soccer team topped Florida Southern 1-0 on Saturday evening. Lukas Hombach netted the game-winner in the 58th minute of play to keep the Fighting Knights undefeated on the year.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Lynn 1, Florida Southern 0
Records: Lynn (6-0-1, 3-0-1 SSC); Florida Southern (2-3-3, 1-1-2 SSC)
Location: Moccasin Field | Lakeland, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 24-3 all-time (def. FSC 3-1 in SSC quarterfinals in 2018)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Hombach scored his third goal of the season in the 58th minute when he took in a diagonal cross from Julian Kirsting and buried his shot past Mocs' keeper Philip Faderl.
- Lynn was outshot 8-7 and the Moccasins held the 6-3 advantage in corner kicks.
- Fuhry stopped all five attempts on goal while Faderl made three saves.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This is the first match of the year Lynn has been outshot by its opponent.
- Lynn's seven shots are also a season-low.
- The Blue and White have logged three consecutive shutouts and have not allowed a goal since the 66th minute against Eckerd.
- Hombach now shares the team lead in goals (three) and points (7) with Rodrigo Fernandez.
- Both goals and points are a new career-high for Hombach.
- Fuhry topped his previous best for saves by two, set against both Nova Southeastern and Rollins.
- Kirsting's assist is the second of his career. His last assist came as a freshman at Francis Marion.
- Lynn has recorded at least four shutouts every year in the program's history.
The Fighting Knights are back on the pitch Wednesday, Oct. 9, when they travel to Miami Shores, Fla., for a 6 p.m. kickoff against longtime rival Barry University. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.