Morrow, Ga. –Lynn University's men's soccer team struck twice in a one-minute span early in the second half and made a one-goal advantage stand the rest of the way, dropping Clayton State 2-1 in non-conference play on Saturday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Lynn 2, Clayton St. 1
Records: Lynn (8-0-1), CSU (7-3-0)
Location: Laker Field | Morrow, Ga.
Series History: Lynn leads 3-0 (last meeting, 2011)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Offensively, Lynn had much of the possession in the first half, outshooting Clayton State 13-6 in the first 45:00.
- CSU did pick up a goal in the 12th minute, however, as a long shot found its way past Konstantin Fuhry.
- The Blue and White's halftime adjustments paid off immediately as Levin Sandmann and Lukas Ostermann found the mesh in the 45th and 46th minutes, respectively, to put the Fighting Knights on top.
- Lynn created plenty of chances in the match, racking up 25 shots, 13 on goal, and eight corners compare to CSU's 3.
- Fuhry earned the victory, playing a full 90:00, improving his record to 8-0-1 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Sandmann has now scored in two-straight after netting a goal at Barry.
- Lynn has scored in 7-of-8 matches this season.
- Alexandre Horveno assisted on Sandmann's goal, his second straight game with an assist and team-best fifth of the season.
- Newcomers Horveno (5), Sandmann (9) and Ostermann (7) have combined for 21 of Lynn's 45 points.
- While an out-of-conference affair, this results still holds a lot of weight for postseason qualification as it was an in-region matchup.
The Fighting Knights will get back to their SSC slate on Wednesday, Oct. 16 with a home matchup versus Palm Beach Atlantic at 6 p.m.