FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. – It was the first stroke in the journey of the program as Lynn men's swimming made its maiden voyage into the pool, following an hour-long weather delay, but what's another 60 minutes when you have waited this long. Highlighting the first meet for the Fighting Knights was a fourth-place finish by Mohamed Masmoudi in the 200-yard butterfly at 1:53.86.
INSIDE THE MEET:
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Lynn team of Thomas Labarias, Ignacio Alvarez, Masmoudi and Aleksander Olejnik swam a 3:35.51 in the 400 relay.
- In the 200 yard freestyle, Dalton Brown was the fastest Fighting Knight at 1:51.72.
- David Romeo finished with a 1:56.22
- The 200 yard IM was led by Daniel Varon with his 2:07.20
- Alvarez finished with a 2:11.34.
- Julian Perez clocked a 2:21.76.
- Six Lynn swimmers took to the pool in the 50 Freestyle led by Olejnik with a 22.55.
- Masmoudi had another impressive finish in the 500 freestyle he placed fifth at 4:43.58.
- Romeo swam a 5:19.24
- In the 200 breaststroke Daniel Varon swam 2:18.26.
- Alvarez finished with a 2:19.00
- Labaroas, Brown, Masmoudi and Olejnik swam a 1:28.90in the 200 Freestyle Relay.
- Alvarez, Wootton, Varon and Romeo swam 1:34.85.
The Fighting Knights return to the pool bright and early Saturday morning at 8:30 for the final day of the Shark Invite.