West Palm Beach, Fla. – After a three-week hiatus from the opening weekend of the fall season, Lynn University's men's tennis team returned to action on Saturday at PBA's Sailfish Invitational. Florian Clemares and Tristan Houle picked up a win in the No. 1 doubles bracket.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Event: Sailfish Invitational
Host: Palm Beach Atlantic University
Location: Mitch Gornto Tennis Center | West Palm Beach, Fla.
Tournament Dates: Oct. 14-15
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
#1 Doubles Flight
- Clemares and Houle were the lone Lynn victors on the day, handling Ferreira/Da Silva (PBA), 8-2.
- Cameron Schoolcraft and Max Meade were blanked against a tough Barry squad (Versier/Tous).
#2 Doubles Flight
- A pair of freshman made their Lynn debuts in the No. 2 doubles bracket. William Ljungstrom and Paulo Santos Costa suffered an 8-3 loss while Renato van Veggel and Alexandre Pichon took a game off of Barry.
#1 Singles Flight
- Neither Clemares nor Houle could build off the momentum from the doubles victory as each dropped straight-set decisions in the top singles bracket.
#2 Singles Flight
- Meade grabbed four games from Barry's D. Ventura and van Veggel had a strong second set in a 6-1, 6-4 defeat.
#3 Singles Flight
- Santos Costa won two games in each frame of his setback while Schoolcraft battled F. Matteoli of Barry in a 6-3, 6-4 loss.
#4 Singles Flight
- Ljungstrom's first round singles match is scheduled for Sunday morning, taking on Barry's M. Gutierrez.
#5 Singles Flight
- Similar to his teammate, Pichon is set to kick off his singles action on Sunday morning.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Last spring, Clemares and Houle only paired up in doubles in two dual matches, posting a 1-1 record at the No. 3 flight.
- Rainy conditions limited the amount of matches played on Saturday.
The tournament resumes tomorrow morning, Sunday, Oct. 15.