BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's sixth-ranked men's tennis team boosted its early-season resume on Sunday with a 7-2 triumph over 11th-ranked Flagler College.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, Flagler 2
Records: #6 Lynn (2-0), #11 Flagler (1-1)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 13-3
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Tristan Houle and Gabriel Hocevar got the ball rolling with a big 8-0 win at No. 3 doubles.
- The top doubles flight was a back-and-forth battle, but the Saints picked up their first point of the day, 9-7.
- Kay Bartmann and Jose Porfirio Ordonez followed up with an 8-5 victory at No. 2 to give Lynn an early lead.
- Lynn's top three singles players all rattled off victories to secure the match for the Blue and White.
- Florian Clemares rebounded from a loss in doubles play with a 6-0, 6-4 win at No. 3 singles.
- 25th-ranked Bartmann looked sharp at the top flight, dominating 38th-ranked Lukas Storck, 6-1, 6-0.
- Jean-Baptiste Mateo fell behind early, but grinded out a 5-7, 7-5, 6-4 triumph at No. 2 singles.
- Porfirio Ordonez tacked on another point for Lynn with a 6-4, 6-3 win at No. 4.
- Flagler picked up its final win of the day in three sets at No. 5 singles, 6-2, 2-6, 10-8.
- After nearly six hours at the Perper Tennis Complex, Houle closed out the day by coming through in a second-set tiebreaker (6-4, 7-6 (11-9)).
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Clemares and Mateo suffered their first career loss as a doubles team.
Lynn will have one more home match to open up the season before hitting the road, hosting Keiser this Wednesday, Feb. 7 at 3 p.m.