Lawrenceville, Ga. – Lynn University's third-ranked men's tennis team opened up the Georgia Gwinnett College Grizzly Spring Break Invitational with a 7-2 neutral-site victory over 17th-ranked North Georgia on Friday.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, North Georgia 2
Records: #3 Lynn (7-2), #17 North Georgia (5-3)
Location: GGC Tennis Facility | Lawrenceville, Ga.
All-Time Series: First-ever meeting
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn won two of three doubles matches for an early advantage.
- Jose Porfirio Ordonez and Kay Bartmann won at the second flight, 8-3, while Tristan Houle and Gabriel Hocevar picked up an 8-1 win at the No. 3 spot.
- North Georgia got on the board with an 8-0 triumph at the top flight.
- The Blue and White won five of six singles bouts in straight sets to secure the win.
- Bartmann (6-0, 6-2) and Jean-Baptiste Mateo (6-1, 6-0) locked down dominant wins at the top two positions.
- At No. 3, Florian Clemares survived the first set before closing out the victory (7-5, 6-3).
- Houle (6-0, 6-1) and Porfirio Ordonez (6-1, 6-3) rounded out Lynn's singles lineup with straight-set triumphs.
- North Georgia logged its second point at No. 4 singles, 0-6, 7-6 (7-5), 10-6.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- After starting out the year 5-0, North Georgia has dropped three straight.
- Mateo and Clemares' 8-0 setback in doubles marks the first time the pair failed to win a game in doubles this season.
The Fighting Knights are right back at it tomorrow, March 10, when they take on tournament host Georgia Gwinnett College.