BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's men's tennis team picked up its 10th win of the season on Sunday as the third-ranked Fighting Knights defeated Palm Beach Atlantic in Sunshine State Conference action, 7-2.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, PBA 2
Records: #3 Lynn (10-3, 3-1 SSC), PBA (9-6, 0-1 SSC)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 17-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn posted wins at the first and third doubles flights for the early advantage.
- Florian Clemares and Tristan Houle looked sharp at the top spot, winning 8-1, while Jean-Baptiste Mateo and Gabriel Hocevar took the No. 3 matchup, 8-4.
- The Sailfish notched their first point with an 8-3 win at No. 2 doubles.
- Lynn took care of business in singles play, winning five of the six bouts with four coming in straight sets.
- Mateo rolled at the top spot, 6-1, 6-2.
- 25th ranked Kay Bartmann and Jose Porfirio Ordonez both bounced back from a doubles loss with straight-set triumphs in singles. Bartmann won at No. 2 (6-4, 7-5) with Porfirio Ordonez taking the No. 6 matchup (6-3, 6-1).
- Clemares dropped his opening set at No. 3 before coming back in a tight victory (3-6, 6-4, 6-4).
- Houle posted his second win of the day, dominating the No. 4 match, 6-0, 6-2.
- Pietro de Silva won the first set at No. 5, 7-5, before Hocevar was forced to retire at the start of the second set.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- It was just the first league match of the season for PBA, but the fourth for the Fighting Knights.
Lynn will have a big matchup on Wednesday, March 21, when nationally-ranked Columbus St. comes to town at 2 p.m.