Daytona Beach, Fla. – A strong showing in singles boosted a clutch comeback on Saturday as Lynn University's third-ranked men's tennis team posted a 6-3 win over No. 8 Embry-Riddle in Sunshine State Conference play.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 6, ERAU 3
Records: #3 Lynn (11-4, 4-1 SSC), #8 ERAU (9-3, 2-2 SSC)
Location: Crotty Tennis Complex | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 14-4
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn fell behind early as the Eagles won two of the three doubles matches.
- Jean-Baptiste Mateo and Gabriel Hocevar put Lynn on the board with an 8-6 win at No. 3 doubles.
- The Fighting Knights turned up the heat in singles competition, winning five of six bouts to secure the comeback win.
- Mateo (6-4, 6-4) at No. 1, Tristan Houle (6-3, 6-2) at No. 4 and Jose Porfirio Ordonez (6-2, 6-3) at No. 6 bolstered the Blue and White charge with straight-set singles victories. Mateo defeated the nation's 39th-ranked player.
- Florian Clemares dropped his first set at No. 3 singles but bounced back for the win (4-6, 6-4, 6-4).
- Hocevar also fell in his first set at No. 5 before winning in an exciting three-set marathon (5-7, 6-3, 15-13).
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- ERAU entered today on a seven-match winning streak.
- Today's match marked the final stretch of the regular season featuring only SSC contests.
Lynn is right back at it tomorrow morning, March 25, hosting Florida Southern at 11 a.m.