Bradenton, Fla. – Three tightly contested doubles bouts that all went in favor of Lynn University's men's tennis team garnered key momentum as the fifth-ranked and third-seeded Fighting Knights blanked 37th-ranked and sixth-seeded Rollins College 5-0 on Thursday in the quarterfinals of the Sunshine State Conference Tournament.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 5, Rollins 0
Records: #5 Lynn (14-5), #37 Rollins (8-13)
Location: IMG Academy | Bradenton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 29-6
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- All three doubles contests were a battle with Lynn prevailing in all three.
- At the top flight, Kay Bartmann and Florian Clemares posted a big 8-5 win over the 16th-ranked duo in the country.
- Tristan Houle and Gabriel Hocevar followed up with an 8-4 win at No. 3 before Jose Porfirio Ordonez and Jean-Baptiste Mateo fought back from a 3-6 deficit to take the No. 2 match, 8-6.
- In singles, 63rd-ranked Houle made quick work of his opponent at No. 4 with a 6-1, 6-2 triumph.
- Porfirio Ordonez sealed the deal at No. 6, 6-1, 6-2.
- Mateo, Bartmann and Hocevar were all up a set at the first, second and fifth singles flights, respectively.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn is the No. 3 seed in the tournament with Rollins claiming the No. 6 seed.
- These two teams last met in Lynn's conference opener back on Feb. 17.
- The Fighting Knights have blanked their opponent in the SSC quarterfinals in six consecutive seasons.
Lynn will take on No. 2 seed Barry in the semifinals tomorrow, Friday, April 20 at 2 p.m.