Lakeland, Fla. – Following a solid start on Friday at the ITA South Region Championships, Lynn University's men's tennis team saw its remaining players eliminated during Saturday's action.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Event: 2018 ITA South Region Championships, presented by Oracle
Host: Florida Southern College
Location: Warden Tennis Center | Lakeland, Fla.
Tournament Dates: Sept. 21-24
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- Three Fighting Knights reached the Sweet 16 of the singles bracket on Friday but none were able to advance on to the quarterfinals on Saturday.
- Lucca Baptista suffered a 6-2, 6-4 setback to Barry's fourth-seeded Carlos Gomez.
- Jose Porfirio Ordonez went toe-to-toe with Valdosta State's Xavi Pineda, but fell 7-5, 6-4.
- Kay Bartmann had a tall task in second-seeded Pierre Montrieul, falling to the Barry Buc, 6-4, 6-3.
- Lynn's Robin Calais first toppled Alvaro Arias (6-4, 6-4) before bowing out in the next round of the consolation draw.
- Both Fighting Knights doubles squads were knocked out in the second round.
- Bartmann and Porfirio Ordonez fell to top-seeded Holthey/Kaverinen from West Alabama, 8-6.
- After a first-round bye, Gabriel Hocevar and Baptista suffered a 8-4 setback Feigin/Melhaoui from Rollins.
The Fighting Knights now look ahead to the 2019 spring season.