BOCA RATON, Fla. – The third-ranked Lynn University men's tennis team won six of seven available points on Thursday on its way to a 6-1 defeat of the second-ranked Keiser University Seahawks in nonconference action. The Fighting Knights rebounded quickly from a loss in the doubles matches, taking all six of the individual singles contests.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 3 Lynn 6, Keiser 1
Records: Lynn (2-0), Keiser (2-2)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 2-0 (11-0 vs. Northwood (Fla.))
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook -/LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn struggled against the Seahawks in the doubles round, suffering setbacks at the top-two flights while also trailing at No. 3.
- Kay Bartmann and Lucca Baptista, at No. 1 and No. 2 singles, made quick work of their opponents, winning 6-2, 6-4 and 6-3, 6-1, respectively.
- Florian Clemares continued the Blue and White's streak of two-set victories, downing his opponent 6-3, 6-2 at the third flight.
- Jose Porfirio Ordonez showed his grit with a tough 7-5, 6-3 win to clinch the match for Lynn.
- Gabriel Hocevar and Robin Calais put the bow on the Fighting Knights' perfect singles performance with each earning three-set wins at No. 5 and No. 6.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Keiser is ranked No. 2 in the current NAIA Men's Tennis rankings.
- Porfirio's win over Arthur Bonnaud gives him revenge after falling to Bonnaud 6-0, 6-2 last season.
- Lynn showed much improvement on last season's results after edging out Keiser 5-4 exactly one year ago, Feb. 7, 2018.
- Clemares, Porfirio and Calais all defeated nationally-ranked Seahawks in singles.
The Fighting Knights will take on Saint Leo on the road to open Sunshine State Conference play, matching up with the Lions on Feb. 16 at 11 a.m.