BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's ninth-ranked men's tennis team rebounded from a Sunshine State Conference defeater earlier this week as the Fighting Knights posted a 7-0 victory over 33rd-ranked Florida Southern College on Sunday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, Florida Southern 0
Records: #9 Lynn (10-2, 5-1 SSC), #33 FSC (7-10, 1-3 SSC)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 28-8
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn swept all three doubles matches although the top-two flights were tight contests.
- Patrick Bessinger and Gabriel Hocevar started off the day with a 6-1 victory at No. 3 doubles.
- Lynn won the first and second doubles flights by 7-5 tallies, with Florian Clemares and Kay Bartmann securing the win at the top spot and Lucca Baptista and Jose Porfirio Ordonez clinching at No. 2.
- The Blue and White won all six singles matches with five victories in straight sets.
- At the top flight, Bartmann posted a 7-5, 6-3 win.
- Baptista had the longest bout of the day, but prevailed at the second position in a third-set super breaker (6-4, 5-7, 10-5).
- Porfirio (6-4, 6-0) and Clemares (6-2, 6-2) tallied straight-set wins at the third and fourth flights, respectively.
- Hocevar (6-1, 7-5) and Robin Calais (6-3, 6-2) rounded out the singles sweep at the five and six spots, respectively.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The Fighting Knights remain in second place with a 4-1 league record.
- FSC suffered its first 7-0 loss this season.
The Fighting Knights will ship out for their first road match in over a month, traveling to Eckerd on Thursday, April 4; making up a rained-out contest from earlier this season.