BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University men's cross country team competed in its inaugural event on Friday evening, debuting at the Florida Atlantic University Invitational at South County Regional Park in Boca Raton. The Fighting Knights placed seventh as a team, with Hunter Dobbs claiming the title of the first male to cross the finish line as a Fighting Knight.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: South County Regional Park | Boca Raton, Florida
Race Length: 5K – 3.1 miles
History at Event: First-ever appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Dobbs paced the Blue and White with a time of 16:19.40, crossing the line 20th in a field of nearly 80 runners.
- Nathan Kowalski finished second on the team and 27th overall with a time of 16:32.78.
- Bryan Ryder landed a 34th-overall finish with a time of 16:52.44, while Jaedin Doddapaneni clocked in at 17:00.24 in 40th place.
- Eric Silva rounded out the top-five for the Fighting Knights, crossing the line in 17:27.19 for a 54th-place finish.
- Josh Skielnik, Jared Boeckmann, Justin Bridgewater and Anthony Dace finished consecutively behind Silva and all within eight seconds of one another.
- Moise Cook and Mike Martinelli rounded out the competitors for the Blue and White in their first-ever race.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Men's cross country was the second varsity program to debut for Lynn in the calendar year 2018, following women's track in the spring.
- The Fighting Knights were one of three NCAA Division II teams at a meet largely filled with Division I competition.
The Blue and White hit the trail again on Sept. 15 when they travel to Alabama for the Falcon Invite at Montevallo.