Montevallo, Ala. – Lynn University's men's cross country team took sixth place out of 25 teams on Saturday morning at the University of Montevallo's Falcon Classic. The sixth-place finish is the best in program history and ranked the Fighting Knights third out of the 11 Division II teams at the meet.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Results: 6th out of 25 teams
Location: University of Montevallo | Montevallo, Ala.
Race Length: 8K – 4.97 miles
History at Event: First-ever appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn earned a score of 241, 21 points behind host and fifth-place Montevello (220) and six points ahead of Columbus St. (247). Auburn Montgomery (267), West Alabama (280) and West Florida (290) rounded up the top-10.
- Florida A&M, a Division I program, took first place overall with six of its runners placing inside the top-eight individually.
- Julian Yescas (26:44.75) and Hunter Dobbs (26:46.44) were the first two Fighting Knights to cross the line and finished 43rd and 44th, respectively.
- Bryan Rider was right behind, finishing with a time of 26:46.97 in 46th place.
- Nathan Kowalski finished with a time of 27:11.25 to place 60th overall.
- Anthony Dace bookended Lynn's top-five with a time of 27:59.56 for an 83rd-place finish.
- Rounding out the Lynn contingent was Jaedin Doddapaneri (28:15.34), Joshua Skielnik (29:28.53), Jared Boeckmann (29:07.47) and Justin Bridgewater (30:21.42).
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- The meet was Yescas's first collegiate race.
- This was the first 8K race in men's cross country history.
- After finishing seventh at the FAU Invite last month, sixth place marks the best finish in the team's short history.
The Fighting Knights are back in action Saturday, Sept. 22 at the Mt. Dew Invite in Gainesville, Fla.