Gainesville, Fla. - Lynn University's men's cross country team took eighth place out of 22 teams on Saturday morning at the Mountain Dew Gator Cross Country Invitational. Lynn placed fourth among the nine Division II institutions.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: University of Florida | Gainesville, Fla.
Race Length: 8k – 4.97 miles
History at Event: First ever appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn earned a score of 224, three points behind SSC rival Saint Leo (221) and 86 points ahead of Division I foe and cross-town rival, Florida Atlantic (310).
- Florida A&M, a Division I program, finished first overall with five of their runners finishing in the top-ten. Tennessee Tech (48) and host Florida (67) rounded out the top-three.
- Embry-Riddle (102) was the top Division II squad, finishing fourth overall.
- Nathan Kowalski (26:09.2) and Bryan Ryder (26:09.8) were the first two runners for Lynn to cross the finish line, finishing within milliseconds of each other to place 37th and 38th respectively.
- Hunter Dobbs (26:14.3) finished five seconds behind his teammates and crossed the line 39th out of the 182 runners.
- Julian Yescas was the fourth member of the Blue and White to finish with a time of 26:44.4, 63rd overall.
- Joshua Skielnik and Eric Silva finished two milliseconds apart with times of 27:31.1 and 27:31.3; they placed 88th and 89th.
- Anthony Dace rounded out Lynn's contingent with a time of 27:53.7 to finish 104th place.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Six out of the seven runners for the Blue and White finished with a better time than the previous 8k race.
- Eric Silva ran his first 8k race of the season.
- This is the second weekend in a row Florida A&M has taken the crown at a meet.
- In all three of their meets this season, the Fighting Knights have finished in the top-10.
The Fighting Knights are back in action Friday, Oct. 12 at the Royal Challenge in Charlotte, N.C.