Charlotte, N.C. - Lynn University's men's cross country continued its inaugural season as the squad took 17th place out of 43 teams on Friday evening at the Royal Cross Country Challenge. In the teams' third 8k race, six runners set personal records.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: McAlpine Creek Park | Charlotte, N.C.
Race Length: 8k – 4.97 miles
History at Event: First ever appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn earned a score of 453, 12 points behind Division II institution Montevallo (441) who took 16th place. Although the team finished 17th overall, they placed 10th out of the 24 Division II programs.
- The host, Queens University, took first place with four of its runners finishing in the top-20 with a score of 58. Mount Olive (62) and Morehead State (73) rounded out the top three in the meet.
- Hunter Dobbs (25:29) and Julian Yescas (25:38) were the first two runners for Lynn to cross the finish line, finishing within nine seconds of each other to place 73rd and 85th respectively.
- Nathan Kowalski (25:43) placed 96th overall and was the third runner for Lynn to finish.
- Bryan Ryder (25:49) finished six seconds behind Kowalski to take 108th overall.
- Josh Skielnik posted a time of 26:35 to finish 167th out of the 395 runners.
- Jaedin Doddapaneni and Eric Silva finished three seconds apart with times of 27:39 and 27:42 to close out Lynn's contingent. They crossed the line 245th and 249th respectively.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Six out of the seven runners for the Blue and White finished with a personal record.
- This race marks the first this season that the men have set times below 26 minutes.
- With a time of 25:29, Dobbs now holds the program record for top-8k time.
- This is the second race this season that Dobbs finished first out of the Fighting Knight contingent.
- Yescas beat his previous personal record by over a minute, the only member of the squad to do so.
- Queens University won the event last year as well.
The Fighting Knights are back in action Saturday, Oct. 20 at the Sandshark Invite in Beaufort, S.C.