Hardeeville, S.C. - Lynn University's men's cross country team took fifth-place out of 33 teams on Saturday morning at the Sand Shark Invitational, the team's last meet before the Sunshine State Conference Championship. The fifth-place finish is the best in the program's history.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Sgt Jasper Park | Hardeeville, S.C.
Race Length: 8k – 4.97 miles
History at Event: First-ever appearance
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn earned a score of 186, one point behind Montreat. The Fighting Knights placed third among the Division II institutions, Embry-Riddle (58) and Florida Southern (82) took the top two spots respectively.
- Hunter Dobbs was the first member of Lynn's squad to cross the line. He finished 17th with a time of 26:17.7.
- Bryan Ryder (26:36.9) finished 26th overall out of the 281 runners.
- Julian Yescas (26:44.5) and Joshua Skielnik (27:11.8) were the only other runners for Lynn to finish in the top-50.
- Nathan Kowalski and Eric Silva finished within seconds of each other 27:32.4 and 27:33.6 to take the 64th and 65th spot in the race.
- Jared Boeckmann ran a time of 28:15.7, followed by Anthony Dace (29:08.6), Justin Bridgewater (30:02.9), Moise Cook (31:14.5) and Mike Martinelli (35:32.3).
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- The fifth place finish marked the fourth time this season that Lynn has finished in the top-10.
- Bridgewater set a PR in the race.
- This was Cook and Martinelli's first 8k race of their careers.
The Fighting Knights are back in action when they travel to Daytona Beach, Fla., on Saturday, Nov. 3, to take part in the Sunshine State Conference Championships. For more information, check out LynnFightingKnights.com.