Daytona Beach, Fla. - Lynn University's men's cross country team took fifth place in the program's inaugural Sunshine State Conference Championship. Hunter Dobbs took the top time for the Blue and White and finished 12th overall.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Embry-Riddle Cross Country Course | Daytona Beach, Fla.
Race Length: 8k – 4.97 miles
History at Event: First-ever appearance
Finish – 5th out of nine teams
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn earned a score of 130 and finished with a total time of 2:14:31. Embry-Riddle (26) took the top spot overall and had the top-three individuals in the race. Florida Southern (48) and Saint Leo (77) rounded out the top three.
- Dobbs crossed the line with a time of 26:16.42 to finish four seconds outside the top-10.
- Nathan Kowalski finished with a time of 26:46.15 to finish 21st overall.
- Julian Yescas (26:57.34) and Joshua Skielnik (27:01.31) were the third and fourth members of the Lynn squad to the finish line and placed 27th and 32nd, respectively.
- Bryan Ryder rounded out the top five for the Blue and White to place 48th overall with a time of 27:41.62.
- Anthony Dace (27:38.39), Justin Bridgewater (28:56.73), Moise Cook (31:02.28) and Michael Martinelli (32:24.66) completed the Lynn contingent.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- The Blue and White were predicted to finish seventh in the SSC preseason poll.
- Bridgewater, Cook and Martinelli set a PR in the race.
- This is the second top-five finish for Lynn this season.
- This is Embry-Riddle's first SSC Cross Country Championship victory.
The Fighting Knights are back in action when they travel to Lakeland, Fla., on Saturday, Nov. 17, to take part in the NCAA Regionals. For more information, check out LynnFightingKnights.com.