Lakeland, Fla. – Lynn University's men's cross country team completed its first season at the NCAA Division II South Regional Championship on Saturday morning and placed eighth out of 18 teams. The Fighting Knights finished fifth among the eight Sunshine State Conference competitors.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla.
Race Length: 10k – 6.21 miles
History at Event: First appearance
Finish – 8th out of 18 teams
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn earned a score of 227 and finished with a total time of 2:47:47. SSC foe, Embry-Riddle, won the race with a score of 48 and finished 19 points ahead of Lee. Florida Southern rounded out the top three with a score of 99.
- The Blue and White finished 44 points ahead of West Alabama (271) and 45 points ahead of SSC opponent Nova Southeastern, who closed out the top-10.
- Lynn's lone All-SSC runner, Hunter Dobbs was the top runner of Lynn's seven to finish. He crossed the line 23rd overall with a time of 32:53.38.
- Bryan Ryder (33:31.09), Nathan Kowalski (33:35.29) and Julian Yescas (33:42.70) all finished within the same minute of one another to place 44th, 49th and 54th, respectively.
- Josh Skielnik (34:04.37) was the fifth runner for the Fighting Knights to cross the finish line; he placed 67th overall.
- Anthony Dace (34:33.72) and Jared Boeckmann (35:35.82) rounded out Lynn's contingent and placed 77th and 104th overall.
- Lee's Christian Noble finished first overall individually with a time of 31:19.17.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- At the 4900m mark, Dobbs was 39th overall. He moved up 16 spots in the last 5k, more than other Lynn runner.
- This was the first 10k race of Lynn's season.
- Ryder finished fifth out of Lynn's contingent at the SSC Championships, but finished second today.
- Lynn concludes the season with six top-10 finishes in its seven races.