Gainesville, Fla. – Lynn University's men's cross country program competed at the prestigious Mountain Dew Invitational, hosted by the University of Florida, on Saturday morning, finishing 14th in a combined field of Division-II and Division-I teams.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Mark Bostic Golf Course | Gainesville, Fla.
Race Length: 8k – 4.97 miles
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Bryan Ryder posted the top finish for the Blue and White men, taking 52nd place with a time of 27:26.19.
- Eric Silva and Julian Yescas rounded out the Fighting Knights top-3 with respective marks of 27:35.03 and 27:55.22.
- Justin Bridgewater stepped up for Lynn at the bottom of its lineup, crossing the line in 30:25.89.
- Lynn collected a combined team score of 371, finishing one spot ahead of fellow-SSC program Palm Beach Atlantic and four spots clear of Florida Tech. Embry-Riddle (3rd), Saint Leo (4th), Florida Southern (6th) and Tampa (8th) comprised the four conference squads to finish in front of the Blue and White.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- The Blue and White finished in front of three Division-I squads, Bethune-Cookman, Florida A&M and Florida Atlantic.
- Ryder and Silva have now been the Fighting Knights' top-two finishers in each of the first two races.
Lynn will split up its squad for its next competition as some of the Fighting Knights will compete at the Florida Runners Invite on Sept. 27 while a select group will travel to Haggin Oaks, Calif. for the NCAA Pre-Nationals meet on Sept. 28.