Lakeland, Fla. – Lynn University's cross country team competed at the Florida Runners Invite on Friday evening, featuring a split squad on both the men's and women's sides.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla.
Race Length: (M) 8k – 4.97 miles, (W) 5k – 3.11 miles
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn traveled a smaller team to the Florida Runners Invite as a select group will compete tomorrow at the NCAA's Pre-Nationals event in Sacramento. Calif.
- The Blue and White were led on the women's side by Jayden Reece and Emily Glass, whom finished with times of 22:54.4 and 23:01.8, respectively, to make up Lynn's one-two punch.
- Lauren Leckenby (23:06.0) and Emily Christensen (23:12.6) came across the line right behind the duo of Reece and Glass.
- Rory Young, Mandi Cohen and Lynn Whalen rounded out the list of Blue and White competitors in the women's competition.
- In the men's race, Justin Bridgewater paced Lynn with a 32nd place time of 29:30.7.
- John Ross Donnes and Alex Miranda rounded out the Fighting Knights' top-3 with marks of 29:54.8 and 30:18.6, respectively.
- Joseph Anderson, Moise Cook and Christian Richardson completed the contingent of Lynn's 12 total runners.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- The Fighting Knight women kept their top-four runners in a pack with each finishing within a 16 second span.
- Bridgewater's 32nd was the high-finish of the day among the Blue and White group.
- Tomorrow's NCAA Pre-Nationals will be Lynn's first-ever appearance for both programs.
The group of competitors at the Florida Runners Invite will return to campus while 10 runners, five male and five female, compete tomorrow at the prestigious NCAA Pre-Nationals race in Sacramento, Calif. at Haggin Oaks Golf Course.